Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shaking Up My Workout

My normal exercise routine has consisted of running and more running. This has been great! Running has really helped my weight loss and I want to keep it up. However last night when I went running with Jon, I started to think that I need to do something different. Do not get me wrong, I am not giving up running, I just want to add some variety.

There is a Zumba class that I think I am going to join that will meet two days a week. This will provide the variety I am looking for. Also it will be a great cross training workout, which I need for running. My running schedule does not have me running everyday, so on two of the off days I am going to Zumba!

Here is a video from the Today Show that gives you a little taste of what Zumba is all about. It sounds fun! There is an article I found at WebMd as well that you might want to check out too, Zumba: Fun Is Secret Ingredient of Latin Dance Workout.

What are you doing to spice up your workout routine? Maybe you should try some Zumba too!! I will keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...