Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chicken Tikka Masala

Chicken Tikka Masala
By: Good Housekeeping

Ingredients
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tsp ginger root, grated, peeled
1 clove garlic clove, crushed with press
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup canned crushed tomatoes, from 15 oz can
1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half or light cream
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, plus additional for garnish
2 Tbsp curry paste
1 1/4 pounds cooked chicken fillet, cut into 1-inch chunks

Instructions
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium 1 minute. Add onion and cook 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Add ginger, garlic, and curry paste; cook 3 minutes longer.

Add chicken, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and cook 2 minutes or until no longer pink on the outside, stirring occasionally. Add tomato; cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until chicken just loses its pink color throughout.

Uncover and stir in half-and-half and cilantro. Spoon rice into 4 shallow bowls; top with chicken mixture and garnish with chopped cilantro.

Serve with rice.

Serves: 4; POINTS: 6 (rice not included)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have never been a huge curry fan, but I enjoy Indian flavors. I found this recipe and was very excited to make it. It turned out great! I made it mildly spicy, which was perfect for me. This is really yummy with lots of flavor.

Anonymous said...

My husband is Pakistani so I used more authentic spices but everything else was perfect to keep me in my points!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...