Thursday, July 19, 2012

Recipe Review: Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheese Soup

It has been such a crazy week in my home! It would take too long to explain what kind of week it's been, so I will just save that for another blog post. However, this recipe for Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheese Soup was perfect for me to make this week! This recipe was easy and did not require a lot of my attention. Not only that, but I was so lazy that I just threw all of the ingredients into my Crockpot! It's getting very hot here in East Texas and I did not feel like cooking over the stove to make dinner.

I first learned about this recipe back in 2009 when I was a Weight Watchers member. I loved it then and continue to enjoy it now, because it was so low in pointsplus values!! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have over the years.

The ingredients

Combine frozen broccoli-cauliflower mix with chicken broth

Mix in Rotel tomatoes and Velveeta cheese 

I cooked this on low all day while I was at work.

When I got home I mashed up the vegetables, because they had cooked and gotten soft. I also added some extra spices like salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and garilc.

This soup tastes great and is very filling!! You can also top it with crackers or cheese, just make sure to count the extra pointsplus values that you add to the soup.

. . . . . . . . . .
______________________________

Servings: 8
Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: 107.4
Fat: 3.8 g
Fiber: 3.4 g
Protein: 9.6 g
Old Points: 2 points
Points+: 2 points+
______________________________

Ingredients
3 cans of Fat Free Chicken Broth
2 lbs frozen Broccoli-Cauliflower Mix
1 can Rotel Tomatoes
8 oz lite (2%) Velveeta Cheese

Instructions
Boil veggies in chicken broth. When veggies get soft, mash them up. Add rotel tomatoes and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. I added garlic and pepper for flavoring.

3 comments:

Libby said...

Yum!! Broccoli and Cheese soup is one of my favorites..I think this will be perfect this Fall with a whole grain roll! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

New to your blog, love it! This looks so tasty too, definately going to make it :)

Anonymous said...

Yo have just become a Lifesaver...thank you for being here for us

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...