Thursday, July 12, 2012

When Doubt Won't Go Away

source

In the last two weeks I have been overwhelmed with all kinds of doubts and fears. Some of these doubts and fears have become so overwhelming that I just do not know what to do! I know that many of these feelings are understandable especially, because I am pregnant with my first child. However, at times this bombardment has felt like an attack from the enemy (i.e., Satan).

This is the main reason that I posted one of my favorite Bible verses from the book of Philippians for Wordless Wednesday yesterday.

“I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13 (NIV)

I have received many emails from women who want to know how I was able to stick to my weight loss program and lose my weight. Many people want to know what kept me motivated to keep going on my weight loss journey. In my response back to them, I am always honest to explain that I did not do any of this in my own strength. I explain to them that I was leaning on and trusting in the Lord the entire time I was losing weight. I was able to lose weight, because God gave me the strength I needed to do it.

Today, I was so encouraged by the devotional from Proverbs 31 ministries, “When Doubt Won’t Go Away” that I just had to share part of it with you!

In her devotional Renee Swope says this,
“It's not a quick fix but a powerful process of naming our doubts, identifying what triggers them and then learning to rely on God's power to lead us into a place of living confidently in the security of His promises.

The next time you start feeling insecure, ask God what triggered your doubts. Then process the trigger point through God's perspective. Ask Him to show you lies you're believing and truths to replace them. Then let Him change your thought process by focusing on His thoughts towards you instead of your thoughts about yourself. For instance:

• When doubt tells you that you can't do something because it's too hard, remember God says you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you (Philippians 4:13).

• When doubt tells you you're not good enough, focus on the truth that God says you're fearfully and wonderfully made; all of His works are wonderful and you are one of them (Psalm 139:14).”

If you are a believer in Christ, that same strength in Christ is available to you too! When you reach the end of your rope and feel like giving up, maybe it is time to ask God to be apart of your weight loss journey.

Who do you turn to when you experience doubts and fears in your weight loss journey? What is triggering some of these doubts and fears in your life? Have you allowed God to be your source of strength in this area of your life?

Take time to write down the Bible verses above. Keep them with you so that when your doubts and fears arise about your weight loss journey you are armed with the promises of God!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN!! Thank you so much for sharing! ;) We all fall short and struggle with doubt in all aspects of life. Like you I am in the weight loss battle and struggle on a daily basis to stay on track =( Reading your blogs is truly inspiring and uplifting, thank you so much, God bless! ;)

Unknown said...

AMEN!!! Thank you for sharing ;) Unfortunately we all fall short in all aspects of life and at times begin to doubt ourselves. like you I am in a constant battle with weight loss and struggle on a daily basis to remain focused. I have recently friend requested you on FB and have been reading your blogs which btw I find very inspiring and comforting and for that I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart ;) Keep inspiring! God Bless! ;)

Unknown said...

Bless you! I read your blog and am so inspired each and every time. We all have doubts, especially in the "not knowing" part. That's where trust in God comes into place. He always says not to worry for he has a plan and to trust in him. Hang in there and keep posting your blog you are so inspiring!

Unknown said...

you are so inspiring to so many! Not knowing what the next day brings is sometimes scarey, God has a plan, we can't always see it right away. Let God worry for you. Thank you for your blog and for all that you have accomplished in your life. Amen and God Bless.

Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing...

www.cancerinthecity.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...