Friday, July 13, 2012

Recipe Review: White Chicken Enchiladas

I am a huge fan of Pinterest!! I always find and pin the most amazing recipes. However, most of the time these recipes are very high in pointsplus values. Instead of missing out on some of these incredible recipes, I tweak the recipe until it is more Weight Watchers friendly. I put these recipes into my Weight Watchers Recipe Builder in eTools and adjust them until they are much lower in pointsplus values.
For example, I found this recipe for White Chicken Enchiladas on Pinterest. If I were to make the original recipe as it is on Joyful Momma's Kitchen, each individual enchilada would be 8 pointsplus! I have heard that this recipe is good, but I cannot spend 8 pointsplus on one enchilada.

So, I decided to tweak this recipe to make it more Weight Watchers friendly. After I had finished tweaking this recipe it was only 5 pointsplus per enchilada, which is much more reasonable for dinner!
Most of the ingredients

Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese.

Roll up mixture in tortillas and place in pan.

In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.

Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.

Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to a boil, you do not want curdled sour cream.

Pour over enchiladas

Top with remaining cheese and bake for 22 minutes and then under high broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.

The final product!! Please note that I did not take time to broil the cheese.

This is a great recipe for white enchiladas that does not break the bank!

. . . . . . . . . .
White Chicken Enchiladas
______________________________

Servings: 10
Serving Size: 1 enchilada
Calories: 230.8
Fat: 12.6 g
Fiber: 7.2 g
Protein: 22.7 g
Old Points: 5 pts
Points+: 5 pts+
______________________________

Ingredients
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan

2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.

3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.

4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.

5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.

6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This looks like something to eat for movie night tonight :)

Holly said...

yum! thanks for the recipe... I think this will be one on my to try list!

Michelle :) said...

Tried this recipe tonight. Was really yummy!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try, but also don't want to necessarily eat enchiladas for 10 days in a row. How long have you found that they keep in the fridge? Can I freeze these? If so, at what point would you suggest freezing them? Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...