Thursday, July 5, 2012

Recipe Review: Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad

Every month the women in my Sunday school class get together for Ladies Night Out. It is a time for each of us to get away from our regular routine and visit with the other women in our Sunday school class. I love these nights!!

Every time we get together we try to make a potluck meal. This is one of the reasons that I am always searching on Pinterest for good recipes! This coming Ladies Night Out our dinner theme is Summer Salads. I've been looking on Pinterest for just the right recipe to make and share with my friends. I found this Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad recipe and knew it would be perfect to make for Ladies Night Out. I cannot wait to share it with them next week!


I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I did! There are a few things I did and/or want to do differently the next time I make this. So, make sure you read all of the comments below.

Ingredients for the dressing, except the chipotle chile...I forget it, because of my silly baby brain!

First, I chopped up the fresh cilantro

Add all of the dressing ingredients together. Please note that I also added some black pepper. Next time I make this, I will also added a little bit of salsa to my dressing so that the acid will balance out the sour cream flavor.

Stir together to dressing ingredients and set aside.

Ingredients for the salad...well everything except the chicken, because it was cooking.

Stir together the romaine lettuce, cooked chicken, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and red onion. I had leftover cilantro that I did not use in the dressing, so I added it to the salad.

Next, make sure you drain and rinse the corn and black beans before adding them to the salad. Stir everything together.

Next, pour dressing over salad and toss gently to coat.

You're salad is ready to go and may be serve immediately!

This is a great recipe to make during these hot summer months!!

. . . . . . . . . .
Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad
Source: Nutmeg Notebook
______________________________

Servings: 5
Serving Size: 2 cups
Calories: 359
Fat: 12.2 g
Fiber: 11.6 g
Protein: 32.3 g
Old Points: 7 pts
Points+: 5 pts+
______________________________

Ingredients
Dressing
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2/3 cup fat free sour cream
1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt

Salad
4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
1/3 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (8 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, rinsed and drained

Instructions
To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients, stirring well.

To prepare salad, combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.

Tip: Add a spoonful of adobo sauce for a spicier salad. Kidney or pinto beans also taste great in this dish.

4 comments:

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Thanks so much for sharing this salad recipe, Im going to have to try it!

Cheri said...

Thank you for this recipe and hints. Congrats on the weight loss! Hugs

citydwellers said...

Looks like a wonderful recipe. Thank you!

Amy said...

I made this tonight! So delicious. I substituted non-fat plain greek yogurt for the ff sour cream because that's all I had and it was great. It was really filling and I didn't even use black beans (I don't like them). Thanks for the recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...