Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Our First Hike in Hong Kong



To our delight, my husband was off this weekend. It was so nice to have Jon home with us and taking a break from his training. We’re so thankful for the time we get to have with Jon when he’s home.

Saturday morning, I mentioned to Jon that we should all go for a walk. What I failed to communicate was that I just wanted to go to the park that is a 15 minute walk from our house. 

Oops...my bad!!

Before moving to Hong Kong, I pictured this country to be like a big city. Parts of Hong Kong are what I pictured in my mind. However, what people don’t know is that the majority of Hong Kong is wilderness. We live on Lantau Island there are both big buildings and beautiful mountains!! There are also easy access to the South China Sea. As a result, Lantau has some incredible hiking trails. Ever since we moved to Hong Kong, we have wanted to go hiking, but haven’t had the chance to go.



On Saturday, Jon did some research and decided to take us on our first family hike. In total our hike ended up being over 7 miles round trip. Jon and I each had a baby, while our three big girls walked. The oldest girls did great!! However, out of everyone Matilda struggled the most. We took breaks along the way. I also turned on music, so we would have something fun to listen to while we walked.

The trail was paved which made it easy to walk on. Some parts of our hike were very steep and I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it up the hill, let alone the children. We worked as a family to encourage each other and wait if someone needed a rest.

As soon as we got home, we were exhausted. Everyone needed water and something to eat. Needless to say, we spent the rest of the day relaxing and recovering from our overly ambitious hike.

It was a challenging task, but the best part was we did it together!!

We did it!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...