Sunday, October 28, 2018

My Ten Year Anniversary with Weight Watchers

10 years later

On Sunday, October 28th, I celebrated my 10 year anniversary with Weight Watchers!! I cannot believe that 10 years ago, I began to learn how to take care of myself and get healthy. It has been quite a journey!! Some of the highlights from the past 10 years include...

Highlights from the Past 10 Years
- I am now a Mommy to 5 beautiful girls.
- I reached my goal and Lifetime with Weight Watchers.
- I ran half marathon and other 5Ks.
- We moved to Hong Kong.
- I worked at Weight Watchers for 7 years as a leader and receptionist.
- I went on mission trips to Mexico and Costa Rica.      
- I became a homeschool Mom.

There are so many other things that have happened since I joined Weight Watchers and these highlights barely scratch the surface for what the past 10 years have been like for me. Please don't misunderstand me, life has had its fair share of ups and downs. However, no matter what life has looked like, I am so thankful that God has given me the strength to endure.

Honestly, I thought the hardest part of my weight loss journey was when I lost my initial 90 pounds on Weight Watchers. What I didn't know was that I was learning to take care of myself, to help me be healthy throughout each one of my pregnancies. My weight loss wasn't just about me, but about taking care of my girls too.

the loves of my life

It has been hard, because I gave birth to 5 babies in less than 6 years. This meant I needed to lose my weight again and again, following each new baby that joined our family. The baby weight has been stubborn to come off at times. Like when, I nursed Matilda for one whole year and during that time I didn't lose weight. It wasn't until I stopped nursing that my body finally decided to let go of the excess weight. Each baby has been different.

God's timing was truly perfect and He knew that Weight Watchers was exactly what I needed to help jump start my weight loss journey. I am so thankful that God helped me learn how to take care of myself before I started having babies, so that when I needed to lose the baby weight I would know how to do it.

I'm thankful to share that 10 years later, I am in my healthy weight range. I still haven't seen my goal weight since before I had Olivia, but I'm not worried. Just trying to be patient with my body, because it has been through a lot the past 6 years, including a twin pregnancy (which was no joke). I am also thankful for my husband's love and support throughout this whole process, because he remains my biggest cheerleader. I could not do this without him!! Finally, I am so thankful to all of you who read my blog and are a constant source of encouragement to me, even when I am feeling down your kind words have means everything to me. Thank you!!

No matter where you are in your weight loss journey, don't give up!! Just take it one day at a time, one meal at a time!! Commit to doing this for yourself, no matter how long it takes, because in the end it will all be worth!! Lean on God and ask Him to give you the strength you need each day!!



Click the links below to read more about my weight loss journey.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so impressed with your life! God is faithful! I just seem to be a a hard time in my life with weight loss. I am retired and we travel a lot. It is so hard to stay on an eating plan, especially when you eat out a lot. I need to get back on board nd stay committed. I also had knee surgery so my exercise has been very limited. Thanks for all the recipes and your constant help,to others! Patsy Arthur

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...