Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thanksgiving Challenge: Week 1 - Track and Discover

source

I am so excited about our Thanksgiving Challenge!! There are so many of you that have written me to let me know that you are doing this challenge with me. I am so thankful that I am not alone over these next 8 weeks and that we get to do this together!!

So, how is the first week of our Thanksgiving Challenge going?

This week we are focusing on tracking and I really want to know how you all are doing. Is tracking easy for you? Or do you hate tracking? I would say even if you hate tracking give it a chance, even if it is just for this week.

I am sure you are curious about my progress as well. Like I said in my previous blog post, I have not been following the Weight Watchers program since my daughter was born in August. I let myself take a break from everything, as I have been adjusting to life with a newborn.

I was so excited to begin this challenge and get back on the Weight Watchers program. I feel that I must confess to you that these last two days have been hard for me! I am trying to get back into the swing of things, but it is more difficult than I thought it would be.

Yesterday, I made an effort to track everything I ate even if I went above and beyond my pointsplus budget for the day. I did well until about 4 pm. I was tired and it was a very emotional day for me. I am sad to say that I gave into emotional eating and was too ashamed to record my mistake on my tracker. I really didn't want to write about my mistake either! However, I am hoping that my honesty will be able to help someone else out there.

Even though I made some bad choices yesterday, I am not giving up! I am tracking all the food choices I make today, even if it's unhealthy for me.

It is not too late to jump in and join the Thanksgiving Challenge.

Leave me a comment on my blog, Living a Changed Life, and/or blog Facebook page, Living a Changed Life, to let me know that you are joining us!

14 comments:

kcchick said...

This challenge came at the right time. I started WW again in late July and went on vacation a month later and have stayed the same since vacation. I haven't gained or lost but just going through the motions. I like tracking for the most part. But I joined some other challenges like "move more". I'm going to Vegas this week for business and have already found some good resturants for clean eating - so I'm excited. Plus all the walking I'm going to do. I'll do this because I am worth it. Thank you for the challenge!

-J said...

I started tracking in my WW journal on Thursday 9/27. It's definitely been eye-opening, b/c I obviously was eating more than 26 points plus per day. :) Tracking is hard for me b/c I'm not good at estimating points. For instance, I made a meatloaf (using ground turkey), but I have no clue how many points it was. I just tried to take a small portion, and not overeat or take seconds without thinking. Unfortunately, it's easiest to track ready-made or packaged foods b/c they have nutrition labels. I prefer cooking from scratch. Also, I have a hard time thinking of recipes that are low points+ values. If I have to eat brown rice, a salad, veggies, and a 3 oz. grilled chicken breast every day, maybe that's what I need to do. :( Also I started reading The Beck Diet Solution. It works with any diet, and focuses on changing your thinking. I'm very thankful for your blog!

Emma Kate said...

Sounds like a great challenge! I'm jumping in! :)

Anonymous said...

i kind of feel like i'm starting ALL over again...even though i havent gained any of my 23 back haven't lost in weeks. yesterday and today have been very hard to make good choices...but very rewarding when i turned down the Krispy kreme donut...i keep telling myself each day will get easier...

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

As I eat 3 Hersey's miniatures... :)

I just got back from a trip to England and in those 2 1/2 weeks, I gained a little over 4 pounds. I'm not proud of it, but not upset by it either, as I got to enjoy treats that I don't normally have here.

but.

The challenge to track (I did NO TRACKING on vacation) has been a good one to get back on it! I tracked yesterday and again today, and yes....I did mark down the 3 miniatures. :)

Also--I think your experience with this (taking a break from the plan, getting back to tracking, etc) is EXACTLY what we, as WW members, need to hear. It reminds us that we all struggle. Hearing how you got over the hurdle helps too! So, thank you for being honest! :)

AshB said...

Jennifer, thanks so much for your honesty! I just love your blog and am right with you taking the Thanksgiving Challenge. I hope to lose 12 pounds before Thanksgiving. It's a lofty goal, but I believe with some good discipline, it is achievable. I am cheering you on as you get back in the swing of things!

Anonymous said...

Just made the choice to join weight watchers, inspired by you, over the weekend. Attending my first meeting tonight. I am very excited. I can totally relate to giving into emotional eating and not wanting to track it. I have only been tracking for a couple days and didn't realize how unhealthy I had been eating. I am hoping to find some accountability with weight watchers and find my happy healthy weight!

MellM said...

I'm in on the challenge!!

-J.D. Humenay said...

So far so good with tracking! :)

ConnieF said...

I joined WW last night and am excited to get back on program. Have been tracking today and shocked at the points some of the items I eat daily are. Going to eliminate some of those and add more FRUIT tomorrow!

dk said...

Me - I'm in.
I despise tracking. I'm terrible at it.

Sue said...

I had my weigh in this morning at my local WW center. I lost 1.2 lbs. bringing me closer to goal by 4 lbs. I am excited for this challenge because this proves to me by tracking and sticking to it, I can lose.

Sue said...

I lost 1.2 lbs. this week. I tracked everything and stuck to it. I am 4 lbs. away from goal. I am excited to be in this challenge and with everyone's support we will all be on our way towards a healthier lifestyle.

Unknown said...

I am so excited about this! My anniversary is in Nov too and I want to fit back into my wedding dress! I started a blog recently-food pics and such, Id love if you would check it out!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...