Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Buttons and a Zipper


I've been wearing maternity clothes for months. I have a good reason for being in maternity clothes and her name is Olivia! I do not regret the time that I have spent wearing maternity clothes. However, I am more than ready to begin wearing clothes that come with buttons and a zipper!

Unfortunately, I have very few clothes that fit me right now. I still don't fit into my normal clothes yet, because of the extra baby weight I put on during my pregnancy. I don't have any bigger sizes, because I gave them away after I reached my weight loss goal.

On Saturday, I decided to make a special trip to Target to get some jeans that actually fit. I needed at least one pair of jeans that fit me for two very simple reasons. First, my overall self confidence is better when I am wearing clothes that fit me, because I think I look good. Looking and feeling good helps to motivate me to continue to lead a healthy lifestyle. Second, while I lose my baby weight I want to wear pants with buttons and a zipper so that I know whether or not I've eaten too much. It is hard to wear stretchy clothes all the time, because it makes it harder to tell if I have eaten too much and/or have gained weight.

Thankfully, Target had jeans on sale for just $15!!

I love my new jeans and the way they make me feel! Ultimate, it's not about the number on the tag or on the scale. I believe it is more important that I am happy with myself. These jeans helped to give me a proper dose of perspective. It was also encouraging to realize that even though I have to lose some weight, it is nothing compared to what I had to lose when I begin my weight loss journey in 2008!

{Just for fun}
Here is a new picture of Olivia! She is almost 8 weeks old!

8 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

Wow! It's so hard to believe that she's already {almost} 8 wks. That time is going so fast. She is precious.

Cotton Blossom said...

Wow I cannot believe it has been 8 weeks. Olivia has changed a lot. What a beautiful girl! I know what you mean about your clothing be important to your self image. I have lost 44 lbs since Feb and just recently purchased a new pair of jeans. They are the hardest thing to fit comfortably. So I felt pretty good about myself when I was wearing them for the first time and got a great compliment from a complete stranger! What a boost. Keep up the good work! Your a real inspiration to me.

Dicky Bird said...

She is so cute! I got my 10 lb sticker/star last week. On my way now...blessings from Wisconsin.

Staci's Slimdown said...

Awwww, how happy she looks! Probably because Mommy is so happy with her new clothes. ;) She's a doll.

Nancy said...

Congratulations, Olivia is a cutie!

You and your blog have been an inspiration to me. Thanks

Anonymous said...

She's sooooo cute!!!

yami said...

Olivia is so cute! The jeans are really nice!

Lauryn Roth said...

what a cutie!! yay for jeans on sale!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...