Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Buttons and a Zipper


I've been wearing maternity clothes for months. I have a good reason for being in maternity clothes and her name is Olivia! I do not regret the time that I have spent wearing maternity clothes. However, I am more than ready to begin wearing clothes that come with buttons and a zipper!

Unfortunately, I have very few clothes that fit me right now. I still don't fit into my normal clothes yet, because of the extra baby weight I put on during my pregnancy. I don't have any bigger sizes, because I gave them away after I reached my weight loss goal.

On Saturday, I decided to make a special trip to Target to get some jeans that actually fit. I needed at least one pair of jeans that fit me for two very simple reasons. First, my overall self confidence is better when I am wearing clothes that fit me, because I think I look good. Looking and feeling good helps to motivate me to continue to lead a healthy lifestyle. Second, while I lose my baby weight I want to wear pants with buttons and a zipper so that I know whether or not I've eaten too much. It is hard to wear stretchy clothes all the time, because it makes it harder to tell if I have eaten too much and/or have gained weight.

Thankfully, Target had jeans on sale for just $15!!

I love my new jeans and the way they make me feel! Ultimate, it's not about the number on the tag or on the scale. I believe it is more important that I am happy with myself. These jeans helped to give me a proper dose of perspective. It was also encouraging to realize that even though I have to lose some weight, it is nothing compared to what I had to lose when I begin my weight loss journey in 2008!

{Just for fun}
Here is a new picture of Olivia! She is almost 8 weeks old!

8 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

Wow! It's so hard to believe that she's already {almost} 8 wks. That time is going so fast. She is precious.

Cotton Blossom said...

Wow I cannot believe it has been 8 weeks. Olivia has changed a lot. What a beautiful girl! I know what you mean about your clothing be important to your self image. I have lost 44 lbs since Feb and just recently purchased a new pair of jeans. They are the hardest thing to fit comfortably. So I felt pretty good about myself when I was wearing them for the first time and got a great compliment from a complete stranger! What a boost. Keep up the good work! Your a real inspiration to me.

Dicky Bird said...

She is so cute! I got my 10 lb sticker/star last week. On my way now...blessings from Wisconsin.

The Skinny on Staci said...

Awwww, how happy she looks! Probably because Mommy is so happy with her new clothes. ;) She's a doll.

Nancy said...

Congratulations, Olivia is a cutie!

You and your blog have been an inspiration to me. Thanks

Anonymous said...

She's sooooo cute!!!

JB said...

Olivia is so cute! The jeans are really nice!

Unknown said...

what a cutie!! yay for jeans on sale!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...