Friday, April 27, 2012

Flashback Friday: High Blood Pressure

July 2008 - Jon and I visiting family and friends in Portland, OR
Sometimes it is good to look bad and remember just how far you have come, which is exactly what I want to do this morning!

On Wednesday, April 25, 2012, I went to the doctor for my 22 week pregnancy appointment. Doctor's appointments have become a part of my monthly routine over the last 22 weeks. At each appointment the nurse weighs me on the scale and takes my blood pressure. I am nosy and so I always ask the nurse if my numbers are good or bad.

This month my nurse explained that my blood pressure was low. She told me that the doctor was not worried about my low blood pressure, because it has been low every time I have been in over the last 22 weeks I could not believe what she was saying!

What!? My blood pressure is low!?

After my nurse left, I began to think back to my life before Weight Watchers. In October 2008, I sat in a doctor's office and listened as he explained to me that I had high blood pressure and border line high cholesterol. He told me that I could try dieting and exercising for three months, but after that he would need to put me on medicine to controls these problems.

It was that doctor's appointment in 2008 that forced me to give in and join Weight Watchers. Weight Watchers gave me the tools I needed to change my life. Not only did I lose 90 pounds, but I also was able to correct my high blood pressure and border line high cholesterol without any medication!

It is so overwhelming to know that I am healthy!! I might be gaining weight right now, because I am pregnant. However, I am still maintaining a healthy lifestyle; which is obvious by the low blood pressure numbers my nurse gets from me each month.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am not trying to toot my own horn this morning. It is my desire to be able to encourage those who are struggling on this journey called weight loss. I am here to tell you to keep going!! Change is hard, but in the end it will be worth all the hard work, sweat, and tears you put into it.

I would love to celebrate with you as you are making changes, no matter how small it is. 

What are some changes that you have made so far?


Visit Jen for more flashbacks.
Flashback Friday

2 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

You SHOULD be tooting your own horn. That is fabulous. I'm excited for you as you look back and see how far you've come!!!!

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Congratulations on your successful journey! =)

I try to eat less sweets, and drink less soda..to lose weight.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...