Here is a summary of my Weight Watchers meeting on August 18, 2009.
So often in our weight loss journeys we hit brick walls (plateaus) But never fear...plateau rescue is here. Below are a few things that may be causing this plateau. Don’t give up you deserve to be skinny.
BREAKING THROUGH A PLATEAU WALL
10 Common hang-ups we all fall in to:
1. ATTITUDE – Who struggles with this? Attitude is everything-Be Positive
2. DAILY POINTS Range – Are you remembering to retake the quiz on page 15 of Book 1 as the pounds drop? This is very important for your journey! A changing body’s needs are different, a smaller body needs less calories.
3. GOOD HEALTH GUIDELINES - Revisit these and incorporate each one of them into your plan. The scales and your clothing size will move downward if you do this.
4. PORTIONS - look at these with a fresh eye. After following the plan for a while, it’s not uncommon to begin relaxing our portion sizes. Who’s guilty of this? So pull out those measuring cups, spoons, and scales. Who does do this regularly? How are they helping you stay on track? (plug in featured products)
5. TRACKING. Again, this step is commonly relaxed after being on the program for awhile. Commit to completing your Journal/tracker -plan ahead and stick to it. Who’s using the 3-month journal, e-tools, or the points calculator to track? How does this help you?
6. TOO MUCH TOO QUICK - A half pound to 2 pounds per week AVERAGE is a healthy pace, so don’t rush it. By losing too much too quickly, you risk the chance of burning muscle tissue instead of fat, which can reduce your metabolism and slow your weight loss.
7. MOVE MORE – If you answered yes to this you need to understand that you CANNOT lose weight by modifying your eating but NOT exercising, nor can you lose weight by exercising without modifying your eating. The two MUST go hand in hand. So get up off your toosh and move more!
8. VARY ACTIVITY – Unfortunately, over time, our bodies adapt to the same regimen, so consider switching it up and do something different. How can we do this?
9. BEWARE OF ZERO point foods. How many of you get tempted to do this? Remember, zero point foods still have calories and they can add up when put together! So reevaluate those 0 point choices. (Ketchup, diet soda, green beans, carrots, fat free cool whip, etc)
10. MEDICATIONS can affect weight by causing water retention and weight gain, so if you think this is the case, talk to your doctor about some healthy alternatives and solutions.
And this is just for fun…but oh how true it can be. One little slip up and we want to quit!
10 little Weight Watchers joining in a line,
One hates vegetables, and then there were nine.
9 little Weight Watchers say I’ve lost weight
One has a gain and then there were eight.
8 little Weight Watchers think this is heaven
One has a birthday, and then there were seven.
7 little Weight Watchers, enjoying the mix,
One isn’t having any fun and then there were six.
6 little Weight Watchers see how they thrive.
One said, "I don’t need to track", and then there were five.
5 little Weight Watchers beating at the door.
One weighed and left each week, and then there were four.
4 little Weight Watchers feeling young and free.
One didn’t want to exercise, and then there were three.
3 little Weight Watchers see how well they do.
One went on vacation, and then there were two.
2 little Weight Watchers, life has just begun.
One fell off the wagon, and then there was one.
1 little Weight Watcher standing all alone,
The body is so healthy and how the pride has grown.
1 little Weight Watcher, at goal and feels divine.
Each of us can be that ONE - and not the other nine!!!!