Thursday, November 10, 2011

Recipe Review: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting

I have wanted to try these cupcakes ever since I saw them posted on Gina's Skinny Taste blog. I made them for the Pumpkin Carving Party that we attended a few weekends ago.

I have had such a hard time getting this recipe review posted! Jon and I each have laptop computers, but one of our cords broke. Two computers and only one computer cord means that I was not able to get my pictures into Blogger until today! Thankfully, I think that you can still make these cupcakes for Thanksgiving which is quickly approaching!

Ingredients for the pumpkin cupcakes

Combine cake mix and pumpkin pie spice

I accidentally added two cups of water instead of just one. Opps!

Add pumpkin and mix ingredients together

I made both small and regular sized cupcakes.

These cupcakes really are good enough to eat them all by themselves!

Ingredients for the pumpkin spiced cream cheese frosting.

Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.

Mix together until completed blended.

I transferred the frosting into a piping bag.

It's so easy!

The finished product!

I added some orange sprinkles to make it look more festive.

I think they turned out great! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

. . . . . . . . . .
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
Source: Skinnytaste.com

Ingredients
18.25 oz Betty Crocker Golden Vanilla Super Moist Cake Mix*
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
1 cup water

For the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 fat cream cheese (do not use fat free)
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned is fine)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
5 tbsp packed brown sugar

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake wrappers.

Combine cake mix and pumpkin spice in a large bowl. Add pumpkin puree and water, mix about 2 minutes.

Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake about 20 - 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

For the frosting, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar until smooth. You can use a spatula to ice the cupcakes or pipe them which may require making more frosting.

Makes 24

Pumpkin Cupcakes (no frosting)
Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1 cupcake • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pts
Calories: 84.2 • Fat: 0.8 g • Protein: 0.6 g • Carb: 18.5 g • Fiber: 0.3 g • Sugar: 9.9 g • Sodium: 140.9 mg

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Frosting
Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1 cupcake • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 121.1 • Fat: 2.8 g • Protein: 1.4 g • Carb: 23.2 g • Fiber: 0.5 g • Sugar: 13.9 g • Sodium: 142.3 mg

*Betty Crocker has reduced their cake mixes, so read the labels on your box. Dunkin Hines still carries 18.25 oz boxes

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Try using spice cake mix and then you're down to just two ingredients for the cupcakes -- that and pumpkin puree!

Anonymous said...

This information is invaluable. Where can I find out more?
Feel free to surf my homepage goedkope last minute reizen turkije

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...