Monday, November 15, 2010

Weight Loss Survey

I enjoy filling out surveys, if you have not already notice. I often participate in surveys like this one, because I get to talk about myself. Questions are a great way to learn more about myself and others around me. I really wish that I was a better at asking questions.

A Weight Watchers member posted this Weight Loss survey on her blog and I thought this this would be the perfect post for a nice relaxing Saturday. I really should be cleaning my house. However I have put cleaning on hold, because this is so much more fun!!

1. What was your highest weight, what do you weigh right now and what is your goal weight?
Highest weight: 225 (the day I started Weight Watchers)
Current weight: 135
Goal weight: 140

2. What is your #1 motivation for losing weight?
My Health. This was and remains my #1 motivation for losing and now maintaining my weight. Diabetes runs in my family and I do not want to be a victim of this disease. Before I began Weight Watchers, I had high cholesterol and high blood pressure. I wasn't even 25 years old. When the Doctor told me that I needed to diet and exercise, I was mad. How dare he tell me that? But he was right. I was destroying my body and I needed to do something about it. After that appointment with my doctor, I have never looked back.

3. Have you always been overweight?
No and Yes. My weight has been like a roller coaster. It would go up when things in my life were bad and it would go down when things in my life were good. I had always been anywhere from a size 12 to 18. That was normal for me.

4. When you want to give up what inspires you to keep going?
When I look at how far I have come, that inspires me to keep going! I even made a book that documents my weight loss journey. Every time I look at these pictures I cannot help but be inspired.



5. What is the #1 thing you look forward to when you hit your goal weight?
I am at my goal weight!! This next week I will celebrate my one year anniversary since I reached Lifetime status with Weight Watchers. The #1 things I have loved since being at goal, is fitting into clothes I never dreamed I would ever be able to fit into.

6. Do you have support on your weight loss journey?
Absolutely! I could not have done this without my husband, who has truly been my biggest supporter in all of this. I am thankful for my Weight Watchers meeting members and leaders. I have friends and co-workers the helped me to stay the course. Above all else, I could not have done this without God. He has been my source of strength and helped me to accomplish all my goals and more.

7. What is your favorite exercise?
I can't believe I am going to say this, but before I started Weight Watchers the only this I enjoyed doing was walking to the kitchen for another snack. Somewhere along the way in my journey, I fell in love with running.

8. What is the most important thing you have learned on your weight loss journey?
Stick with it and NEVER give up. I am not going to do everything perfectly and that is OKAY. However, the worst thing that someone can do is give up. I have given up on weight loss programs before, remember I told you about LA Weight Loss. I hate feeling like a failure and I was determined to do a better job on the Weight Watchers plan. I even made a commitment with myself, before I started the program. No matter how long it takes to get to goal, I will not quit. I am proud to say that I have not quit and have remained committed to my meetings even throughout maintenance.

9. What is one thing you have given up that you miss the most?
I am not sure there is anything I miss. I have made incredible healthy changes in my life and each one is making me a better person. I would not trade that for what I was before I began Weight Watchers.

10. What is your strategy for losing weight?
Follow the plan. Whether it is Weight Watchers or another program out there, you must stick with it. You also need to remember that you are making changes that should last a life time. I was worth the changes I made in my life!

8 comments:

Trainer T.s Fitness said...

I love it, and the idea of a book journey....awesome girl!

CONGRATS!

Jen Newsham said...

Trainer T.s Fitness - Thanks!!

Losing Brownies said...

Great survey! I love to fill them out too. It's a great way to get to know others!! I'm so excited that you are 5lbs under your goal! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea about the book! I will definitely be doing that too. :) SO PROUD of all you've accomplished!

Jen Newsham said...

Losing Brownies - I like being 5 pounds under goal, because then I feel like I have more of a cushion to move around in. It's just 5 pounds, but it helps!

Stephanie - Thanks for your encouragement. I really love my book. :)

Josie said...

You look awesome - hope to follow in your footsteps in 2011. NO wait - I'm going to follow in your footsteps in 2011. Only 20 lbs from goal over 60 gone.

Jen Newsham said...

Josie - Thank you! Congrats on your 60 pound weight loss!! You can do it and get the rest off.

the Mrs. said...

So happy to have stumbled upon your blog. I am 4 weeks into my weight watchers adventure.. I have much less to lose than many of the success stories I have heard, but like you, my goal is health. As a nurse practitner, how can I advise anyone on their health when it appears that I do not value my own? I am so happy for you that you used that doctors appointment as a wake up call - for so many ithe news you heard doesn't change a THING. Thank you for sharing your journey with everyone. You inspire me and help me realize both that I can do this and that I am never alone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...