Thursday, November 4, 2010

Recipe Review: Caramel Apple Salad

I am so excited about tonight!! This evening I will be doing a cooking demonstration at my church.

Let me back up a bit. I am on the Women's Ministry team at my church. Every year we have an annual potluck, that is just for women. It is a time for women to come, eat, fellowship, and learn. There are always several different cooking demonstrations. Occasionally, they have ladies demonstrate how to decorate their homes or other things like that. It is the perfect event to attend right before the holidays when you are searching for new ideas.

A few weeks ago I was approached by Amanda, the woman in charge of the event. She said that she knew I was on Weight Watchers and asked if I had any low-fat recipes to demonstrate at the potluck event coming up in November! I was speechless, she wanted me to do a cooking demonstrate? I was humbled, excited, and a little nervous...but mostly excited. I love food and I have a passion to share healthier foods with other people!

I emailed Amanda several recipes and the one that she and I liked the best was my Caramel Apple Salad recipe. This is a recipe that I found on the Weight Watchers message boards.

To find the complete recipe click the link, Caramel Apple Salad.

Here is a little cooking demonstration preview for all of my readers. I just wish you could taste this!


These are almost all the ingredients you need for one batch of this salad. I forgot to add the lemon juice to this picture, but this is basically it!



I added my lemon juice to the bowl first. As I chopped the granny smith apples into chunks I tossed them in the lemon juice. This helps the apples not turn brown.



Next you add the peanuts and marshmallows. If you are like my husband you will not be able to do this part without eating someone of the marshmallows. It's okay, just don't eat all of them.



In a separate bowl, mix together the cool whip, dry butterscotch pudding mix, and a can of crushed pineapple.



Stir each bowl separately before you add all of the ingredients together.



Add it all together and put it in the fridge to chill.



I just had to try some of the leftovers on the spoon! It is so yummy!!

8 comments:

Marlene said...

Yum-O! :-)

Losing Brownies said...

I think I'm going to have to make that one for Thanksgiving! That looks yum!

Jen Newsham said...

Losing Brownies - That would be the perfect time to make it!

Joanna said...

That looks delicious! I hope you have a great time doing the cooking demonstration!

Jen Newsham said...

Joanna - Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious! Have fun tonight! :)

Vanessa Jackeline said...

HI, I just found your blog, I am also trying to loose weight so your experience will be very helpful, please visit my blog
www.vanessajackeline.blogspot.com

Jen Newsham said...

Stephanie - Thanks! It was a lot of fun!!

Vanessa - I can't wait to check out your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...