Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Weekend

I think Halloween weekend is so much fun! Jon and I had already picked out our costumes for this year. I decided that we would dress up as Johnny and Baby from Dirty Dancing.

We wore our costumes twice! The first time we wore them at the 3rd Annual Pumpkin Carving Party. We have this party with our Sunday school class. It has always been so much fun. The people in our class are so creative when it comes to their costumes, I just love it! The second time we wore our costumes was on Sunday at the Fall Festival
our church hosts.

This is what we were supposed to look like.



What do you think?


Johnny Castle aka Patrick Swayze



Frances 'Baby' Houseman aka Jennifer Grey



Johnny and Baby






These are pictures from the Pumpkin Carving Party.


We got our picture taken too!



I was tracing our pattern on the pumpkin so that Jon could carve it.



I am almost done!



I just love our pumpkin. Jon did a great job carving it!

10 comments:

ladyinpurple said...

I didn't join any Halloween parties since it's not that necessary to us..i enjoy my weekend with my bf though with his fam outside my city

mrsmarkdave said...

Adorable. Glad you had fun!

Jen Newsham said...

LadyinPurple - That sounds like a fun weekend. Glad you were able to spend it with you bf!

MrsMarkDave - Thanks! It was fun!!

Lauren said...

And did you memorize a dance to show off?

Jen Newsham said...

Lauren - I wish! My husband and I were dancing at home, but we never busted any of our moves out in public/

Losing Brownies said...

Cute costumes!! I can never get Gadget Guy to do the couple costumes. He doesn't even like to dress up on his own.

Jen Newsham said...

Losing Brownies - Thanks! This is the second year I have talked Jon into it. If he doesn't have to do much he is just fine dressing up. Yeah, maybe it's a guy thing cause Jon would dress up if I didn't lay out his outfit for him. :)

momyshaver said...

You two looked like you had a lot of fun. So cute!

Jen Newsham said...

momyshaver - Thanks! We did have fun!

amandagreen6 said...

How fun! That has to be one of my favorite movies. I never get tired of watching it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...