Saturday, November 6, 2010

Taste of Macedonia

I told you on Thursday about my Caramel Apple Salad cooking demonstration that I had that evening at church. If you didn't read that post, go read it and come back.

Thursday night was the Taste of Macedonia at my church. It is an annual women's potluck that takes place before the holidays. It is a great way to get new ideas for the holidays. This year I was asked to do a cooking demonstration! I was so excited.

I made Caramel Apple Salad for 150 people and came home early from work on Thursday to get everything ready for my demo. Then, because I am a girl, I spent way too much time trying to figure out what to wear!


This is what I decided to wear.



I got to church about 4pm and had to dish out 132 portions for all the women that were planning to attend that evening. After I was finished with my dish, I helped to set up the rest of the gym.



Each Sunday school class was asked to decorate a table. This was my favorite and it turned out this was the winning table!



Adult 1 is my Sunday school class and this is just one of the tables that the ladies in my class decorated.



This is the other Adult 1 table.



This table was my 2nd favorite and it won 2nd place in the table decorating contest. It was so beautiful, blue with peacock feathers. I just loved it!



My friend Nicole was talking pictures that evening, so I stole these last three pictures from her. This is me demonstrating my Caramel Apple Salad.






Overall it was a great night! I was so blessed to be apart of such a special night. I love it when women of God come together to fellowship with one another. There are few things that bring me as much joy as nights like these.

3 comments:

Losing Brownies said...

I'm glad it went so well!!

Marlene said...

Looks like a fun event!

Jen Newsham said...

Losing Brownies - Thanks! Me too! I was a little nervous right before I went on.

Marlene - It was so much fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...