Thursday, January 31, 2019

My New Oven

My new oven!!

It’s hard to believe that we have already been living in Hong Kong for 5 months. Slowly, things are becoming more familiar and not everything is brand-new.

When it comes to our home in Hong Kong, there are a lot of things that are different from the typical American home back in the United States. First of all, the wash and dryer hook ups are outside up on my roof! Secondly, they build with concrete and so you can hear people talking all the way up on the third floor. Finally, there isn’t a built-in oven in my kitchen.

 That being said, for the past 5 months I have been getting by with just our stove top, a rice cooker, a slow cooker, and a toaster oven. It’s amazing how many different things you can make in your crockpot. I have been able to make chicken and rice, breakfast casserole, banana bread, and a cake. Some things turned out better than others. However, I am so thankful for Pinterest that has provided me with an endless amount of slow cooker recipes to try.

Over the past few months, I have gone shopping for ovens, but unfortunately I didn’t find anything that I liked. The ovens are so different here and I didn’t want a big toaster oven or a microwave. I have been waiting until we could afford a built-in oven that would be more like the typically American oven.

To my delight, our friend found a built-in oven that came up on a buy and sell group here in Hong Kong. After talking it over, Jon and I decided to buy this used oven! Jon and his friend went downtown to pick up the oven and bring it back home.

I am so thankful for God’s provision in our lives. He didn’t have to provide an oven like this for us, but He loves us and knows the desires of my heart and longs to bring me joy!! It has been worth the wait.

What should I bake first!? 

Honestly, I was thinking about making something easy so that I can learn how to bake in my new oven. I have never cooked using Celsius, so there will be a little bit of a learning curve for sure. My family thinks I should bake…muffins, cinnamon rolls, cake, and so many other goodies we haven’t had since we left home. I'm addicted to "The Great British Baking Show", so I told my sister that I should start by making something British, like scones. Honestly, I just can't decide.

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think I should make first in my oven. For further updates, check out my Instagram Stories to find out what I decide to bake first!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...