Tuesday, November 6, 2018

November 2018 Homeschool Favorites

This month, I want to share with you my November 2018 Homeschool Favorites, the book edition. As I have said before, our family loves books. I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite books with you. Please look below to see what we’re loving this month.


The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Children's Stories

This year, as part of Olivia's homeschool curriculum, she is reading through "The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Children's Stories" by, Zondervan. We have a lot of children's Bibles, so I was not sure if Olivia would like reading this one. However, I have been pleasantly surprised by her love for this Bible. Even after we've finished our lessons for the day, Olivia still sits down to read more stories from this Bible. I am so thankful to Sonlight for having this Bible as part of their curriculum.

.....



Geronimo Stilton #10: All Because of a Cup of Coffee

If you watch my Instastories, then you have already seen me post about this book. Last week, when we went downtown for Matilda's birthday, we borrowed "Geronimo Stilton: All Because of a Cup of Coffee" by, Geronimo Stilton from the Hong Kong library. The girls have enjoyed this book so much and we haven't been able to put it down. It's a fun story for all ages. It is also an easy chapter book for new readers. We're excited to go back to the library to find more Geronimo Stilton books.

.....



Noah's Ark

As a part of Sonilght's preschool curriculum, they recommend reading "Noah's Ark" illustrated by, Peter Spier. We purchased this book back when Olivia was a in preschool. It's hard to believe that we're pulling it out to read again with Matilda, who is now in preschool. This book doesn't have any words, but is filled with beautiful illustrations that tell the story of Noah's Ark. You can tell your children the story or let them help you as they see what's happening on each page. This book is truly beautiful.

.....



The Berenstain Bears’ Big Book of Science and Nature

I might sound like a broken record, when I tell you that this is book in Sonlight's PreK curriculum. However, Sonlight has some of the BEST book recommendations, so even if you aren't going to use their entire curriculum it is worth it to take a look at their book lists. That being said,  "The Berenstain Bears’ Big Book of Science and Nature" by, Stan and Jan Berenstain is such a wonderful book!! It teaches children about science and nature in fun ways that only Stan and Jan Berenstain could do. This is another book that my family could read over and over again, because it is so good.

.....



Mommy Favorites:
Cookies! A Cookie Lover's Collection

"Cookies! A Cookie Lover's Collection" by, Janice Cauley is my favorite cookbook of ALL TIME. It was published back in the 90's, which was when my Mom bought it and added it to her cookbook collection. My family enjoys baking together and I remember making lots of desserts from this cookbook. Every time I see this book, I am overwhelmed with joyful memories of being with my family when I was a kid.

When it came time for my Mom to pass this book along, we were shocked when my Mom gave it to my youngest sister, without even asking the rest of us if we wanted it.

WHAT!?

We were up in arms at the thought of not having our own cookie cookbook to enjoy. As a result of my Mom's decision, my husband went online and bought this book for me, so that I could have my very own copy. I truly have the best husband in the world!!

This book is so important to me, that it's one of only two cookbooks that we brought to Hong Kong. I couldn't bare the thought of leaving it storage or giving it away.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...