Thursday, April 19, 2012

Recipe Review: Orange Jello Salad

I am so excited to share this recipe review with you today! This recipe is a family favorite that was passed down to me from my Grandma Bartholomew. My Mom and Grandma would make this recipe each holiday. Orange Jello Salad reminds me of home and holds a very special place in my heart! I hope your family will enjoy this as much as mine does.
This is the recipe card that my Mom gave me, so that I could always make Orange Jello Salad. As you can see, my Mother always doubled this recipe!

Here are the ingredients.

First, you will want to mix together your Cool Whip and sour cream.

Next, pour the dry jello packet into the bowl and mix together with the Cool Whip and sour cream.

Make sure you really mix together the Jello, Cool Whip, and sour cream.

Next, drain your pineapple and add it to the bowl. I prefer to make this with pineapple tidbits. However, you could also make it with pineapple chunks instead.

Finally, drain the mandarin oranges and add them to the bowl.

Be sure to mix everything together really well. Then, let this chill in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.

After it has chilled, everything will come together and look like this!

Grab a spoon and enjoy!!

. . . . . . . . . .
Orange Jello Salad
Source: Vivian Bartholomew

Ingredients
3 oz Jello Sugar-Free Orange Package, dry
8 oz Cool Whip Free Whipped Topping, room temperature
4 oz fat-free sour cream
16 oz canned pineapple, drained
8 oz canned mandarin oranges, drained

Instructions
Mix together Cool whip and sour cream. Then add the dry jello packet. Then mix in drained pineapples and mandarin oranges.

Chill - 3 hours Servings 6; 4 PointsPlus per serving

Please note: My Mom always doubles this recipe.

9 comments:

Cotton Blossom said...

I have been on the fence about using Pinterest until I found you last evening. I am so enjoying the recipes and reading about your success and then to discover that your expecting. Congratulations! You have really inspired me already. I can't wait to try the Orange jello salad and the berry cobbler looks great. I joined WW "again" in Feb and have lost 18 lbs so far. I have a long way to go. I am thankful to find blogs like yours to help me on my journey. Thanks!

mrsmarkdave said...

oh that looks delicious. I will have to try.

cindy said...

Looks yummy! You should frame that recipe card and hang it in your kitchen.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog so much! You are so inspiring :) I had totally forgotten about this salad recipe, and I believe my 18 year old daughter would love it. Thank you so much for your heartfelt encouragement.

Deborah said...

Hello my dear Jennifer! Love jello salads ... and I can see why this one is so special to you! I just found your site through Pinterest, (so glad I did) and have enjoyed the inspiration here! Reading your testimony of weight loss, has so encouraged me! I'm 50-something, but people have said that I look much younger, which blesses me so much, although now I'm going through the 'change' of life, entering a new season, and the weight seems to be inching up there these days! :( I don't even eat that much, but I also don't get as much sleep as I used to, either, and I know that makes a great difference in weight gain. These 'seasonal' changes can affect all areas of your life...yep, sleep included! I do exercise, but I definitely need to be more consistent with that, and I'm hoping to get to the doctor soon to get things 'balanced out' ... then I should be able to say good-bye to some of these unwanted pounds!! I'm also going to be following you here, on Facebook, and Pinterest! I need all the encouragement I can get these days, and besides, I want to check out the rest of your blog! So much good information that you have discovered on your journey!! Thank you for sharing it with us!! You have a blessed weekend! :)

Little Miss Lee said...

Our family makes this too! We call it Orange Fluff and we use cottage cheese instead of sour cream (sounds odd, but tastes yummy!) Eating it always brings back great memories of my gramma :)Thanks for such a smile inducing post!!!!

Amy said...

Looks great! What is a serving?

Jen Newsham said...

Amy - This serves 6.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the recipe! I made it a couple years ago, and it was a huge hit with everyone and a new favorite for my husband and I!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...