Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Lunch Sandwich Deconstructed

My Lunch Sandwich

I am going to be honest and confess to you all that I am a creature of habit! I pretty much eat the same thing over and over again. One of the main reasons I do this is because I know the PointsPlus+ values of the foods I eat everyday. I do not have to spend time everyday calculating the PointsPlus+ values for my foods, because I already know them. Another reason I eat the same thing over and over is that I shop in bulk, because it's cheap. I'm not saying that you should all be like me. I am simply saying that this is how I am.

Last week on my Facebook page, Living a Changed Life, I posted a picture of my lunch sandwich (you can see the picture I posted above). Today, I thought it would be fun to break down my sandwich and show you what I eat for lunch almost everyday. My lunch sandwich is made of up Oscar Mayer Turkey, Laughing Cow Cheese, Cole Slaw Mix, and a Nature's Own Sandwich Round. All together my sandwich only costs me 4 PointsPlus+, but keep me very full throughout the afternoon.

In case you are wondering, I use the Cole Slaw Mix because I am not a big fan of lettuce. However, the Cole Slaw still provides the crisp crunch I need to satisfy me. Also, I want you to know that Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds are the only ones I have found that are 2 PointsPlus+. All of the other rounds and thins are 3 PointsPlus. Always, make sure you check the nutritional facts before buying anything. 

{Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds}
Serving Size: 1 round
  2 pointsplus+

{Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Shaved}
Serving Size: 6 slices
  1 pointsplus+

{The Laughing Cow Wedges Light Garlic and Herb}
Serving Size: 1 wedge
  1 pointsplus+

{Dole Cole Slaw Mix}
Serving Size: 1 handful
  0 pointsplus+

I told you what I eat for lunch everyday. Now it's your turn! 
What have you been eating for lunch this week?

8 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

Hmmm - I might have to try this idea. Looks really good. I also eat the same things all the time. So, changing it up to something like this might be a good idea. Especially with the flavored laughing cow cheese.

Amanda Wissmann said...

YUUUUUM! I love sandwiches and THAT ONE looks especially yummy!!!!!!

Are the Bread "rounds" new??? Ive never seen them. Then again I havent lived in the states for 2.5 years, lol!

ENJOY!

ISpy said...

One of my favorites is:
Trader Joes Healthy Chopped Veggie Mix, which is 8 raw veggies, topped with 2 Tbs. Spicy Peanut dressing and .5 oz salted peanuts. Total is 4 PP. Sometimes I eat some Corn Thins on the side. These are like rice cakes, but 1/2 the thickness. 1 pt. for 2. I buy them at New Seasons market. Portland Oregon has many great grocery stores!

katlupe said...

That looks really good! I might have to design one of my own, a low carb version.

Alana Jo said...

That looks great. Yum.

nwscrapmom said...

I admit... I'm stuck in a (lunch) rut. I eat Lean Pockets every day. Specifically the Pretzel Bread variety. They're 7 pts. + and I *love* them. Your sandwich looks tasty... I may have to give it a try.

Libby said...

I have a sandwich almost everyday. I try to switch the meat up. Right now I have a flat out light wrap, thin swiss, turkey and lots of lettuce. I need to give the laughing cow cheese a try.

Anonymous said...

I like to have roasted red pepper hummus with chopped cucumbers and tomatoes in a pita pocket.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...