Monday, February 15, 2010

My Permanently Sweet Tooth

One of the most important things I have had to learn this year has been to find a balance between over indulgence and deprivation. The main reason that I chose to follow the Weight Watchers plan is that I could eat anything I wanted, nothing was off limits. All too quickly I learned that you don't want to use all of your points on cake and ice cream, because that just will not keep you satisfied throughout the rest of the day. At the same time, you have to retrain your body, so that it does not expect sweets all day, everyday.

The entire time that I was losing weight I was very strict about the sweets that I would and would not eat. Since I have gotten on maintenance I have slowly added more of those foods back into my weekly diet, because I enjoy them. But you know what I have learned in the last few weeks? I do not think my sweet tooth will ever go away, it is here to stay. It is so hard to control, because it feels like it just wants to take over and eat every last cookie in the house. It may feel that way, but I am not going to give in to that, I have worked too hard to get to where I am at.

I'm sure that I am not alone and that there are others out there with a rage sweet tooth like mine. All I have to say is hang in there. Let yourself enjoy sweets, but don't let it be something that rages out of control.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...