Thursday, February 18, 2010

Letting Go For Lent

A few days ago I remembered something about my time at Multnomah Bible College. There was one year in particular that I choose to fast for Lent. I remember that it helped to prepare me for Easter and helped me to be more reflective in forty days leading up to such a significant holiday.

I honestly haven't thought about it much more after that until yesterday morning. While I was getting ready for work, the Lord reminded me that it was Ash Wednesday and the first day of Lent. I felt a very strong urge to fast and give something up for the next forty day. There were two things that I considered fasting from, chocolate or TV.

To make a long story short, TV won over chocolate. I was so excited when Jon decided to do this with me. It is always easier to do these things with other people by your side. When Jon came home from work last night he decided that we were going to put the TV away for a while so that it would not be such a temptation for us both.

I am praying that God blesses our lives and our marriage over the next forty days as we are on this journey with Him. TV was also the idol that God has been asking me to let go of for over two and a half months. Well last night I let that idol go in obedience to the Lord and am walking in faith that God has something better planned for my life. God will help you to let go of whatever it is that you think is better then Him.

So of course we rearranged the living room after we took out the TV. Here is what it looks like now.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...