Thursday, May 22, 2014

Missing In Action

Life has really taken its toll on me these past few months. I am not ready to go into all the details, just know that my Dad has been going through some hard times. As a family we have come together to begin to help my Dad, but he has a long road ahead of him.

Me, my Dad, and my brother

All that to say, life's circumstances have been so overwhelming that I have not had time to focus on taking care of myself. I haven't been following Weight Watchers either. In all honesty, there isn't much for me to write about, if I am not focusing on eating healthy.

For a while, I was eating whatever sounded good, which included a lot of sweets! I am doing my best to turn to God and not food. However, I am not perfect, but I am trying.

Last week, I recognized this problem and began to make small changes that should help me to begin to make myself a priority again. Life is never going to allow me the time to completely focus on myself, so I have to fight for it.

Olivia, Sophie, and me enjoying the sunshine


Everyday, I have to make a choice to fully focus on myself and living a healthy lifestyle. My first step toward a healthier me was going on a walk with my girls to the park.

What will be your first step to a healthier you!?

If you think about my Dad, please pray for him and that he will take the necessary steps to get himself some help!

2 comments:

-J.D. Humenay said...

Remember that no matter what - when you can't do it for you - your life is an example to the girls of what a woman needs to be. Sometimes that helps get parents through the rough spots! When my dad was dying of cancer, my food and my work outs were the only things I could control. I found that helpful. Hang in there!

Cintia Listenbee said...

You're doing great super woman. So glad to see the pictures of these sweet girls. You are more than a conqueror and in my opinion conquerors take small steps :) {hugs} be encouraged and keep smiling!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...