Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Weekly Weigh In - Slow and Steady






I'm so excited, because my very best friend is in town! Michelle has been living and working in Okinawa, Japan for over two years. She's finally come back to the States and traveled all the way to Texas, so that she could meet Olivia and spend time with our family! Our time is short and we are trying to enjoy every minute that we have together!

This past Saturday, I weighed in at Weight Watchers and was excited to see that I had lost 3.2 pounds! On top of that, I am finally back in the 140's after gaining weight over the Easter holiday!


As I continue to try to lose my baby weight, I am reminded that losing weight takes time. It is hard to be patient with the weight loss process, trust me I know! Remember that I am losing weight too!

Here are a few things to keep in mind...quick fixes don't work! If a weight loss program sounds too good to be true, it probably is! Healthy weight loss with Weight Watchers is defined as 1/2 pound to 2 pounds per week.

The first time around, I lost 90 pounds in 13 months. However, I was only 24 years old and didn't have any kids! I had more time to focus on myself and my weight loss journey. This time around with my baby weight, I have lost 30.2 pounds in about 7 1/2 months. I am 29 years old and taking care of a new baby! Life is different now and it is harder to lose weight.

Does that mean that I should quit? Absolutely not! It's even more important that I reach my weight loss goals, so that I can be a healthy example to my daughter!

I know that it's hard, but don't rush through this process. Please take time to learn about yourself and your body. If you don't do this, you will never learn how to keep it off for good!

You probably already know these things, but maybe today you are like me and needed this kind of reminder!

Slow and steady wins the race!

source

2 comments:

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Such great inspirational advice! =)

Congratulations on your weight loss!

Melissa

CK said...

What an inspiration you are! I love seeing all your pictures - it helps me feel less alone in the struggle to be healthy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...