Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Recipe Review: Healthy Cookies

I enjoy eating bananas, but they always get too ripe before I am ready to eat them! Thanks to the tin foil solution, I haven't had that problem much any more. However, I still have a bunch of bananas in the freezer that I need to use. My husband prefers that I make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, but recently I have been looking for a healthier ways to use those ripe bananas.

When I found these Healthy Cookies on Pinterest I thought that they were too good to be true. I was excited, because they did not have many ingredients and were low in pointsplus values.

I'm excited to share this new recipe review with you and hope that you enjoy it!

Ingredients: bananas, quick oats, and walnuts

Crush, mash, and mix all the ingredients together.

Place a tablespoon of each on cookie sheet.

The finished product!

. . . . . . . . . .
Healthy Cookies
______________________________
Servings:8
Serving Size: 2 cookies
Calories: 93
Fat: 3.5 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 2 g
Old Points: 2 pt
Points+: 2 pts+
______________________________ 
Ingredients
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup uncooked quick oats
  1/4 cup crushed walnuts

Instructions 
Preheat oven to 350°F.  Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray.

Combine the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the walnuts and place a tablespoon of each on the cookie sheet.
Bake 15 minutes. Makes 16 cookies.

 *If you don't like nuts, add in chocolate chips or coconut instead. Just make sure you adjust the pointsplus values.

3 comments:

Leah said...

These are in the oven now, I can't wait. I added a pinch of salt and cinnamon and put in cinnamon chips instead of walnuts. I used a small cookie scoop and got 12 cookies. 1 PP each for 1, 3 PP for 2 and 4 PP for 3 cookies using these ingredients in 12 cookies per recipe. Thanks, I can't wait to try them.

Misty said...

These sound delicious. Thank you for this recipe. I will be trying this out VERY soon!

Robyn said...

I'm always looking for ways to use up ripe bananas too these look fab! I'm not a huge fan of walnuts though, hopefully they wont be too "nutty"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...