Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Proverbs 31 Ministries

Every morning I receive an email from Proverbs 31 Ministries, it is a devotion of some kind and what they call my “encouragement for today”. These devotions bless me so much!! I have thought about beginning to post them on my blog, because they are so relevant to what I am dealing with and going through. However, I’m not going to do that, because if you would like to receive the Proverbs 31 daily email you can check out their website where you can sign up to be on their mailing list which I highly recommend.



This morning’s devotional was extremely relevant to the topic of weight loss and not comparing yourself to others. You see throughout my weight loss journey I have been very careful to not let “looking good become my god”. More times than I would like to admit I find myself wishing and longing for things that other women have. I think to myself, “I wish I was taller”, “I wish I had hair that did not grow like a Chia pet in the Texas humidity”, “I wish I had her eyes, nose, lips”, and the list goes on and on. However, as Rachel shares in this devotional, “we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5).

I know this is something that I need to work on and I am probably not alone, but let’s try to take those thoughts that we have to God in prayer! He wants to hear the deepest desires of our hearts. We all need God to help us to lose weight in a healthy way. We need to make sure that we look to God and keep our focus and motives in the right place. It we don’t we will fail. If we focus on what other people have that we wish we had we will fail. If we focus on being just like someone else we will fail. God has made each of us unique so let’s rejoice and be thankful for who He has made each one of us to be.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Loved it, thanks for sharing. I enjoy the Proverbs 31 devotions as well.

Jennifer said...

You're welcome Sunshine! I really love those Proverbs 31 ladies. The devotional are always so good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...