Friday, April 5, 2019

Hope For A Mommysaurus




In the past few weeks, I’ve been in a hard place. I have been irritable, ungrateful, impatient, grumpy, angry, resentful, and more. If I had to use one word to describe myself the past few weeks, it you be Mommysaurus. There have been slivers of joy and happiness, but they have been few and far between. To make matters worse, I haven’t been making time to pray and read my Bible!

This is truly a recipe for disaster.

I don’t know about you, but I have 5 kids, two of whom are 9 month old babies. I live in a foreign country. I homeschool my children and I’m a pilot’s wife. Even just one of these things would be enough to overwhelm any normal human being. All that being said, I NEED to spend time with God everyday. Not out of obligation, but necessity.

That’s right. I require more to sustain me than just the Instagram Bible verse of the day.

Every time I get mad or lose my cool, I ask Jon and the girls to pray for me and that God can help me get out of this funk. Today, when I was feeling down, God used my “Breaking Free: The Journey The Stories” by Beth Moore Bible study to bring me some wonderful encouragement.

One of the passages of scriptures I studied was Psalm 63:1-8.


“O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; 
my soul thirsts for you; 
my flesh faints for you, 
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, 
beholding your power and glory. 
Because your steadfast love is better than life, 
my lips will praise you. 
So I will bless you as long as I live; 
in your name I will lift up my hands. 

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, 
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, 
when I remember you upon my bed, 
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
 for you have been my help, 
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. 
My soul clings to you; 
your right hand upholds me.” 
- Psalms‬ ‭63:1-8‬ ‭ESV‬‬ 


Throughout these verses, the Lord showed me that my soul is hungry for the Him. I believe that only time with God will quench my spiritual thirst. As I spend time in the presence of the Lord, I will be changed. My soul will be satisfied. It says so, right here in God’s word!!

Why am I telling you this?

We all have hard things going on in our life. So, if you're feeling a bit like you’ve wandered off into the wilderness and can’t remember your way out. I want you to know, you’re not alone. God is with you. He’s waiting for you to come to Him (just as you are) and confess your great need for Him. Only through our confession and repentance that can we be brought back into a right relationship with God again.

I pray that this encourages you.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...