Saturday, October 3, 2015

Deck of Cards - Pregnancy Workout

Have you ever played the push-up game? My husband and his family introduced me to the push-up game back in 2010. However, before then I had never played this game. In case you've never heard of the push-up game, here is how it goes...

You shuffle a deck of cards and draw from the top. Next, you do push-ups based on the number on the card you drew from the pile. You continue to do push-ups until you can't do anymore or you finish the deck.

My husband's family takes the push-up game to the next level by including sit-ups and jumping jacks as well. So each time you draw a card, you get to choose one of the three activities (push-ups, sit-ups, or jumping jacks) to perform.

Over the years, being pregnant has helped me to put my own spin on this game. It all started one evening, when I was 40 weeks pregnant with Olivia, I decided to do pelvic rocks each time I drew a card. This was much better for me, because I was so big pregnant that I couldn't do the normal exercises.

Even as my due date with Matilda quickly approaches, I have exercises that I am trying to do each day. Transforming these exercises into my own "Deck of Cards - Pregnancy Workout", has made exercising more fun! It also means that other people, like my girls, can workout with me too!!

Whether you are pregnant or not, this game is a great way to turn your down time into up time. So grab a deck of cards and get going!!

........


Deck of Cards - Pregnancy Workout

Hearts - Bounce on exercise ball
Clubs - Pelvic Rocks
Spades - Kegels
Diamonds - Butterflies

What you need:
1 yoga mat
1 exercise ball
1 deck of cards

Instructions:
1. Shuffle the cards and put them face down

2. Draw a card from the top of the deck

3. Perform the type of exercise, based on the suit. Perform the number of exercises based on the number on the card. If it's a face card or an ace, repeat the number of exercises from the previous card. If you draw a Joker, perform as many exercises as you can.

4. Once you finish your exercises, your partner takes his or her turn by drawing a card and performing the prescribed number of exercises (or push-ups), while you use your partner's action time to rest.

5. If you are playing by yourself, give yourself a strict 10-second rest between cards.

6. Keep flipping cards and performing exercises until you complete the deck.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really a great and motivational blog you have shared here with us I really like your content it is really very inspiring for me. Thanks for such a nice post. Keep sharing more with us.


I want to share something with all kidney cleanse diet or homemade detox cleanse aim is to get back to your fitness and always feel fresh to start any work in your corner.During Cleanse process you should feel better and get some fresh energy to do any work but not enough to get into gym & do some workout it behaves according to your routine.

Loving Parents said...

Exercise is great during pregnancy. I like this post. All of the pregnancy women should follow this post. regarding Pregnancy Exercise

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...