Thursday, June 4, 2015

Saying NO to Emotional Eating

source


It's been a long day and all I want to do is eat right now. I want a big bowl of ice cream with caramel and chocolate sauce on top. This isn't a pregnancy craving. It's emotional eating!! 

In the moment, I'm feeling sorry for myself. I'm feeling overwhelmed. I'm feeling stressed. I'm feeling embarrassed. All of these feelings have led to my overwhelming desire to eat a giant bowl ice cream.

I know that eating ice cream will taste good and make me feel so much better. However, that is a lie! As soon as I'm done eating the pleasure is gone and I will be left feeling sick.

Tonight, I'm say, "No!" to ice cream.

Instead of eating, I'm trying to write down my feelings in my journal and on this blog post. So far, it's helping a lot. It's helped to calm me down and let the overwhelming desire for ice cream fade away.

Today, I rejoice in my victory over emotional eating!! Knowing that I will face these same challenges tomorrow.


What victories did you experience throughout your day? 

3 comments:

Kat said...

Good luck! I'll be working on staying healthy for the rest of my pregnancy along with you. I joined WW after my second pregnancy and right when I reached my goal became pregnant with number 3 (third boy). I was planning to stay on WW with extra points but was so hungry during the first trimester that that didn't last long. Now my hunger seems to have leveled off and I decided this week that it's time to get focused again. I'm also due I'm October!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog and I love it - you're so honest and accessible. I just finished another school year where I gained another 10 lbs - I hear you on the emotional/stress eating. I'm determined to get back on track now that it's summer and keep that momentum once school starts again. I'll definitely be using your ideas, advice, recipes, etc to do that. Thank you!

Christina Herrera said...

Wow, I just found your blog because once again I'm thinking of going back to Weight Watchers. I'm not pregnant but I am an emotional eater. The way you just journaled what you were feeling resonated how I normally feel right before I eat when I'm not hungry...only emotional.
Thank you for your honesty and for sharing your journey with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...