Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Missing You

My dear bloggy friends, it has been too long since the last time that I wrote a blog post. Life has been so busy, but I would love to take time to just catch up with you all!!


If you follow our family blog, you know that my husband recently got a new job with American Eagle Airlines. Jon was gone for almost two months straight training for his new position as a first officer.

As a result, Jon's job has left me home alone as a "single" Mom taking care of Olivia by myself. So, you can see why I haven't had a lot of time or energy for blogging. Being a pregnant woman who works full-time and takes care of a 13 month old little girl, doesn't leave room for much else.

It is hard to believe that I am the mother of a 13 month old!! Olivia has grown up so quickly. I really wish that you all could meet her, because she is the most amazing little girl that I know!! Olivia is very independent, so naturally she is already walking on her own. She also has a very tender heart and spirit. She is extremely observant and a very good judge of character. Olivia loves listening to music and reading books, when she is not busy exploring.

I am very blessed to tell you that my second pregnancy is going really well!! I am already 27 weeks along with our 2nd baby girl, Sophie Joye. Sophie's due date is December 31st, 2013. We cannot wait for Sophie to arrive. It will be fun to be able to kick off the new year with a new family member. So far, I have had another very healthy pregnancy. I found out that I am anemic, so I am taking iron pills and modifying my diet appropriately to bring up my iron levels.

With Jon being gone, it's been easy for me to turn to emotional eating to make myself feel better when I am alone. I haven't always made the best choices. However, under the circumstances I am trying to be gracious with myself. After Sophie arrives, I will be jumping back on the weight loss bandwagon again.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Well hello there!! I have missed hearing about you and your world. Glad to hear all is well and look forward to hearing from you again!

-J.D. Humenay said...

As a military spouse, I know what you mean about the ease of emotional eating when the spouse is away. It's tough sometimes, but I rely on old tricks. Like "If I don't buy it, I won't eat it", and "Never go shopping hungry" and things like that. I've found that keeping life as 'routine' (including diet wise) when he's away really helps my body deal with the stress. :)

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Great family photo! =)
Im glad to hear that everyone is doing ok!

Congratulations on your new baby on the way!

Unknown said...

So good to hear from you again! I was just thinking about you! Glad to see everything is going well for you.

Since following your blogs I have lost 100 + lbs.

Look forward to hearing from you again!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm so glad everything is going well in your pregnancy. When you didn't post for so long I was worried but it's great to know all is well. I read your blog but haven't ever commented. I imagine lots of us read but don't necessarily comment. Keep smiling!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...