Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Long Time No See

I have some great news to share with all of you! This past weekend my family moved out of our apartment into a small home! Our new home has two bedrooms, an office, a big backyard, hardwood floors and more! God provided this home to us at just the right price for our budget. We are so thankful for the way the Lord is taking care of us during this season of our lives!

Our new home

It's been so hard to eat on plan while we've been moving!

We have not had much food, because I have not gone to the grocery store. What can I say, I did not want to move a bunch of food! On top of that, I went ahead and packed up all of our dishes, so we ate out more than normal last week.

This past Saturday was my weigh in day, I was so nervous that I had gained that I didn't even weigh in! However, yesterday while I worked my Tuesday night Weight Watchers meeting, I weighed in so that I could know where I stood. To my surprise, I only gained one pound throughout this move!

I am proud of most of the food choices I have made. I know that I could have done a better job, but I can learn from this experience and apply it to my life the next time we move.

Please pray for us as we settle into our new home. 

Olivia loves our new home!

What's been going on in your lives? Have you been following the plan? How's it going?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on your house! its beautiful and she is growing so much!!! such a precious baby!!

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

Oh, do I know this well! We're house hunting--and when we go to tour homes it is after work and typically lasts a good 2-3 hours. So when we get home at 7ish in the evening, who wants to cook? While we've tried to be mindful, sometimes the pure exhaustion of the event can take us off course. Good luck with your new home!

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Congratulations on your new home! =)
Its so pretty!

Love the new photo of your little girl!

I've been trying to stay on track by keeping healthy items to eat in our home.

The Skinny on Staci said...

I'm so glad to see a post from you. I started getting worried that something was wrong. Your new home is adorable! Love it! Look at all that hair Olivia sprouted in the 3 weeks you weren't blogging! :) You probably stayed very active during the move, despite not eating your best, hence the very small gain. Moving is no easy task, especially not when children are involved in the process! Lol Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new home. May the Lord bless you and keep you. In regards to your question, I have a "mid-night snack" of cereal every night, but I use a half-cup size bowl. I always keep quantity in mind. (I bought a set of nesting bowls-smallest half cup, bigggest 2 cups.)

citydwellers said...

Your home is lovely. Congratulations! It's good to see God's hand at work in our lives isn't it?

citydwellers said...

Congratualtions on your lovely home. It's good to see God's hand at work in our lives isn't it?

You are a very inspirational young woman. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Blessings,
Bonnie

Teresa said...

Congratulations on your new home! Your daughter is precious, really adorable, seems full of personality.

Unknown said...

Congratulations:) How exciting. Your family is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...