Last week I shared with you about the food obstacles that I will face while we are in China and traveling for three weeks. For a quick review here are the four challenges I addressed, listed below.
The first obstacle: Sichuan food
The second obstacle: Holiday food
The third obstacle: Emotional eating
The fourth obstacle: Airline food, airport fast food, and more
I truly believe that Weight Watchers had given me the knowledge to be successful over the next three weeks. However, I must plan ahead. This is easier with my personality, because I love making lists. It really helps me to make lists. If I make a list or a plan, then I know that I will be more likely to stick to it, as opposed to simply trying to wing it when I get there.
Jen's Game Plan for Maintaining her Weight Loss in China
1. Set a Goal. I have to be honest and share with you that my goal is to maintain my weight loss in China. I do not want to go above me 140 pounds goal weight.
2. Travel with Tools. You are going to laugh at me, but I do not care. I plan to travel with my points tracker, points calculator, my pocket guide, Weight Watchers magazines, maybe the weight loss book I made for myself.
3. Pack Healthy Snacks. The reason it is easy to start on plan at home is because my entire house is set up for healthy living. I have my shelves stocked with great snacks and recipes to help me succeed. Well, some of those things I am bringing on the road with me. I plan to bring Crystal Light On the Go, Fiber One bars, almonds, string cheese, apples, and more. Bring choosing food that is high-protein and high-fiber I will feel fuller, longer.
4. Activities. I do not mean exercise. I mean books, magazines, movies, and music. I am going to pack these things, so that when I am bored on the airplane I do not just sit there eating.
5. Running Shoes. By getting out there to walk or run, I can earn activity points. What that means is that I will have more food to eat, because I have worked out before hand. I know that we are going to do a lot of walking in China and I think that will really help me to keep off the extra weight.
6. My Bible. It has been my faithful in God that has gotten me this far. I believe that as I cling to God, He will help to keep me from emotionally eating. If I feel stressed and overwhelmed I know that I can pray and read my Bible and God will comfort me.
Well, that's all I've got for now. I hope that if you are traveling over the holidays that you will take the time to make your own game plan. I think that you and I will both find that it did us a lot of good to think about these things before our trip!