Monday, February 1, 2021

My Skincare Haul

 



At the beginning of January, I shared about, “My 2021 Cultivate What Matters: Powersheets”. I outlined my goals, word of the year, and more. One of my 2021 goals is to care for myself!! I’m a stay-at-home Mom with 5 young girls, who often take priority over everything else...including myself. This is why I frequently have goals focused on my own self-care, because more often than not it falls to the wayside. I’ve learned, I must be very purposeful about caring for myself each and every day.


As a result, one of my “mini” goals in 2021, is to cultivate my skincare routine. Honestly, for a while, I’ve felt like it’s time for me to cultivate a good quality skincare routine for myself. I started searching Google, Pinterest, and Instagram for great skincare routine ideas. Immediately, I was overwhelmed by all the different choices out there and as a beginner I felt very confused and unsure which routine would be the best for myself.


Feeling too overwhelmed, I put it aside until I was ready to try again. 


In November 2020, to my delight, Angela Braniff released her “Ultimate Skincare Routine” on her Angela Braniff YouTube channel. I watched Angela’s video over and over again, taking notes about her skincare routine. Then I added up the prices for her inexpensive skincare recommendations and unfortunately it was out of my budget. I was so sad, because this is a great skincare routine and once I get into a good skincare routine myself I can work up to these products. However, it would be too much right now for this skincare novice!!


Just a few days later, I remembered Jamie B Golden (a co-host of The Popcast podcast) has her own skincare routine. How exciting!!





Right away, I went to Jamie’s website and read her, “10-Step Skincare Routine” blog post. Then, signed up for Jamie’s email so I could receive her free skincare routine printables!! Quickly, I printed off Jamie’ skincare routine and laminated it, so it wouldn’t get ruined anytime soon. Jamie offers “more expensive” and “less expensive” skincare products options too. As I wrote out a list and added up the less expensive options, I was surprised to discover it was right in my budget!! What an answer to my prayers!!

Thankfully, it didn’t take long before I was able to find everything on my list. Please look below, for a list of everything I bought!!





My Skincare Haul

1. Cerave Hydrating Cleanser 

2. Cosrx bha blackhead power liquid 

3. Witch Hazel alcohol free toner

4. Cosrx advanced snail 96 mucin power essence

5. Loreal Vitamin C Serum

6. RoC Retinol Eye Cream deep wrinkle

7. CerVe PM facial moisturizer 

8. Australian Gold botanical tinted

9. Palmer’s Cleansing Oil

10. Sheet masks

.....




HELPFUL LINKS

Are you looking to cultivate your own skincare routine? Here are some helpful links to allow you to decide which skincare routine will work best for you!!! Below, I’ve listed links to both of the incredible skincare routines I talked about today. Both of these skincare routines are amazing and filled with so much wisdom!! 


1. Angela’s Ultimate Skincare Routine on YouTube



2. Jamie B Golden’s 10-Step Skincare Routine



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...