Thursday, February 16, 2012

Recipe Review: Baked Ranch Tilapia

So far, throughout my pregnancy there are a few foods that I cannot stand to eat and at the top of that list is chicken. It's so frustrating that chicken is something that makes me sick to my stomach, because it is a staple in our home. We eat a lot of chicken.

As a result, when I made our menu for the month of February, I tried to find other proteins to use for dinner. One of the proteins that I decided to try was fish, specifically Tilapia. Jon and I do not like fish very much. However, I decided that we needed to step outside of our comfort zone and try something new! As it turned out, Jon actually liked this recipe and said that I could make it again. Enjoy!

The Ingredients

Rinse fish and pat dry.

I used Peppercorn Ranch Dressing in this recipe, because I did not have any reduced-fat ranch at home.

Dip fish in ranch dressing; shake off excess.

Arrange fish in single layer on baking sheet.

Sprinkle crushed onions on top of fish.

Bake 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.

I served this Baked Ranch Tilapia with rice. Yes, white rice, because I cannot stand the taste of brown rice now that I am pregnant.

. . . . . . . . . .
Baked Ranch Tilapia
Source: JUST-RHONDA

Ingredients
4 4-oz. Tilapia Filets
1/2 c. Reduced-Fat Ranch Salad Dressing
1/2 c. Canned French Fried Onions, crushed

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350.
Rinse fish and pat dry.
Dip fish in ranch dressing; shake off excess.
Spray baking sheet with Pam.
Arrange fish in single layer on baking sheet.
Sprinkle crushed onions on top of fish.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.

Servings: 4, 5 PointsPlus+

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

That looks delicious! I've been having tilapia about once a week, but I've only put Old Bay seasoning and lemon juice on it, so I look forward to giving this a try! When I was pregnant (almost 16 years ago, yikes!) I could only eat 2 things: pork chops and Taco Bell. My husband got SO tired of pork chops!

-J.D. Humenay said...

Isn't it crazy how your taste buds change? Way to keep it healthy!

Erin said...

Hi! I'm thinking of making this and just wanted to know whether your tilapia was frozen or thawed. I just want to make sure it gets cooked through if I have frozen filets! Thanks!!

Jen Newsham said...

Erin - I did not thaw out my tilapia ahead of time.

Anonymous said...

I want to make this this weekend. You really put the fish in frozen and it cooked in 10-15 minutes?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...