Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Weight Watchers Barcode Scanner App

Ready, Set, Scan!

source

Weight Watchers thought they would make staying on plan even easier this holiday season, which is why I proudly present to you the Weight Watchers barcode scanner for both the iPhone and the Android!

The barcode scanner provides accurate PointsPlus® values for thousands of products which can be tracked directly from scanning a product’s barcode — no manual data entry into the Tracker is needed! Scan any food you like, even if it’s one we don’t have in our database — you can easily add the food to your Favorites list or directly into a mealtime in your Food Tracker. Additionally, the new barcode scanner app can compare multiple scanned products — a really useful feature when it comes to meal planning and creating shopping lists.

To download this beauty, look for Weight Watchers Barcode Scanner in the App Store or the Android Market. This product is free for all iOS and Android smartphone users who have a Weight Watchers Online or eTools account with us.

So, what are you waiting for? Head to the grocery store and start scanning all of your holiday food items before you purchase to make sure they are PointsPlus values-friendly.

As few housekeeping items:

1) It’s best if your Weight Watchers Mobile app is the latest version (iOS v1.7, Android v1.1), it’ll play nice with the barcode scanner

2) All items will be tracked as "user-created foods" and will display with the blue flag next to them in your PointsPlus Food Tracker.

3) The barcode scanner has a separate food database from the Plan Manager and Tracker apps, so only the foods you track or add to favorites from the Barcode Scanner app will be available in the PointsPlus Food Tracker.

4) All Favorites created in the barcode app will be added to the Plan Manager and Tracker app favorites, BUT you will not see Plan Manager or Tracker app favorites in the barcode scanner app. Also, deleting favorites from the barcode scanner app will not delete it from your Plan Manger or Tracker app.

OK, OK, start scanning already

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog...what a great story. Congrats on reaching lifetime! I am considering going back to WW because of all the buzz on the PointsPlus 2012. I might try the online version because my schedule is so crazy. I'm loving the scanner app.

Great blog :)

mrsmarkdave said...

Well - when you mentioned a little while back that you were changing your weigh in day, I couldn't even imagine.
Guess what I've done.
I just need a change, I think. I lost 44 pounds and have slowly been creeping back up. I'm now at 31 pounds. (I gained 12 lbs back since Oct. 1st) I just can't seem to get a handle on myself. I'm still faithful with doing my workouts 5 times a week. But my eating is out of control. I wonder if I just do something as simple as that maybe it'll just be something small that I need to get me back in gear.
I also know that I need to get my rear in gear and read Made to Crave again (it'll be the 3rd time).

livinthelife said...

I can't get my scanner to work at the store (or anywhere away from home). I'm new to the smart phones, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

code bar scanner said...

It looks very useful!Thank you for sharing~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...