Monday, December 26, 2011

Joy to the World

We had a wonderful Christmas weekend!! This year it was just Jon and I at home for Christmas. We have never had a Christmas with just the two of us. We decided not to travel anywhere to visit family, because we had done so much traveling in the last year. It was nice to be on our own schedule.



On Christmas Eve, I had to get up early and work for Weight Watchers. Thankfully, there were about 20 people who came to my meeting so it wasn't as slow as I thought it would be. After I got home, Jon and I watched football. We also spent the day Skyping with our family and loved ones who live far away.

We Skyped with my family in Washington. This is my Mom and our nephews.

We also Skyped with Jon's family in China. This is Hannah, Josh, Bella, and Lisa.

Because it was just the two of us we could open presents whenever we wanted to! So we opened one present on Christmas Eve!

I got Jon a Lego Star Wars Christmas Ornament.

Jon got me Chip & Dale Recuse Rangers.

Christmas Eve we were up very late talking with Jon's family on Skype. As a result we almost missed church on Christmas morning! We woke up with no time to have Christmas morning breakfast, so we just rushed off to church as fast as we could.

Church was great! It was such a blessing to be able to go to church on Christmas! It was such a wonderful reminder about what Christmas is really about...Jesus.

Our Sunday school teacher, Janet, invited us to join her and her family for Christmas day. She did not want us to spend the day alone and we were so thankful to them for having us over like that. We enjoyed a mexican Christmas dinner which was so good! We had so much fun hanging out with their family. We even got to watch some of their home movies!

Eventually Jon and I made our way home, so that we could open up our Christmas presents that we had neglected earlier that morning.

Turns out Jon and I bought each other the same present!

Jon also got me DuckTales.


Father of the Bride 1 & 2! I love these movies!

Inheritance for Jon!

Jon knows how much I love these, so he bought them for me to enjoy all next year!

Jon's sister made us gifts that say, "I'm an Uncle."

This is mine, "I'm an Auntie."

After opening Christmas presents we tried taking pictures of the two of us on Christmas day! It took a while before we got some good pictures of ourselves.




I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas weekend too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...