Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekly Weigh In - Lasting Changes

 
Hi Sweet Bloggy Friends!! The last few weeks in the Newsham household have been exhausting. I'm not ready to explain all those details, but please remember to pray for us. This morning, I am here to testify to the goodness and faithfulness of God in my life!

 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." - James 1:2-3 (NIV)

Have you ever had one of those weeks where everything seemed to go wrong? Last week, was that kind of week for me, because Jon and I were faced with some pretty hard things.

As a result, I had this overwhelming urge to eat everything in sight, sit on the couch, watch movies, and veg!!

Have you ever felt like this?

A few years ago, when stressful things happened, I would have eat everything in sight!

However, it's amazing to see how my habits have changed! I am excited to share that for the most part, I resisted these desires to emotional eat! I was not perfect and there were times when I found myself eating what I should not, but overall I am proud of how I handled myself.

Honestly, the opposite happened to me and nothing sounded good to eat. Many days I didn't eat anything at all. (I am not saying that not eating is a healthy way to live your life, but what I want you to see is that my go to habit/routine has changed!)

On Saturday, I weighed in and prepared myself for the worst. I had not tracked or made the best food decisions when I did eat. I was sure that I would gain weight and I almost skipped my weigh in all together. When I got on the scale, I was delighted to learn that I had lost 1.4 pounds this week!!

The trials in my life are not easy. However, God is using them to show me what is on the
inside! I am so encouraged by the lifestyle changes I have made over the last 4 years on the Weight Watchers program!

Most of all, I am excited that last week, when I needed comfort, I was able to turn to God instead of food!

Are you facing some hard things in your own life? Is that causing you to eat?

Remember that as Christians we can have victory in our lives over our desire to emotionally eat when life gets hard! Continue to persevere in your weight loss journey, because these changes you are making will have a lasting impact on your life!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Thank you for this post - I can relate. I am gradually getting my emotional eating under control. Good to know there really is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your words of encouragement. I have been on Weight Watchers for 3 weeks. Doing well. But just starting following your blogs. Your encouraging words of scripture make me look at things differntly.
Thanks again. Karen

-J.D. Humenay said...

I've called that kind of non-eating as "emotional fasting". Really, your body can handle this (as long as you're otherwise healthy). It's all about listening to your body's cues. Sometimes it says "I need a break!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...