Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Weekly Weigh In - One Amazing Day

Lifetime members and staff holding a 50 year Weight Watchers timeline! Do you see Olivia with me?

This past weekend, I worked at our Weight Watchers One Amazing Day event. The event took place all day at our Weight Watchers store. It was so encouraging to hear other members and staff share their weight loss stories!

My favorite part of the day was when I shared my own weight loss success story with Weight Watchers members. Honestly, I never thought I would be asked to share my story, because I am in the process of losing my baby weight. However, that didn't matter, because I was asked to share my story anyway! 

As I shared my story I could not help but get emotional! I was overwhelmed with thankfulness, because of all that God has done in my life through my weight loss. I needed to be reminded of the freedom that God has brought about in my life through my weight loss journey! 

On Sunday, our Pastor spoke about bringing your reality into the light! Today, I am coming out the darkness and into the light, because I have bought into Satan's lies about me for too long!
 
The truth is...I did not gain the "perfect" amount of weight while I was pregnant. I gained too much and for months I have been beating myself up about this. Yes, I ate a lot while I was pregnant, which I do not regret, because my baby girl is healthy!

The truth is...I have not given up on myself and my healthy lifestyle! I did not let myself go gain all my weight back. Not to mention that when Olivia was six weeks old, I was back on Weight Watchers.

The truth is...my weigh in this week was so frustrating, because I gained back the 0.6 pounds that I had lost the week before! Am I struggling to lose this baby weight? Yes, but I am not giving up!

It feels so good to be honest about these things and bring them to light. I feel like I can really start to focus on losing my baby weight, because I have taken time to be real with God about where I am at.

Are there things in your life that you are hiding from God? What lies have you been believing? Maybe you need to take time to be honest with yourself and God, because only then can you be set free!

source

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I really liked this post! Praying for you and your perseverance!

PinkGranny said...

Good perspective. I am a lifetime member. Tuesday is normally my weigh-in day but I had to skip until Thursday last week due to schedule conflicts. I will go the same day this week rather than 2 days early. It is ironic how two days can fill up our mind-set. Keep at it, it is worth it and you have good reason to be happy. As for being up, it is part of the journey, which is a process. Your motivation is contagious.

Anonymous said...

You will get there! You seem so sweet and strong...enjoy this time with your baby. It goes by so fast. You know you can loose weight because you did it before. Stay positive! Good Luck!

Kathryn @ Life with the Stones said...

Your story is very inspirational! Keep it up!

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

Thank you for being real about your journey. That it is hard. But that it is so worth it. That there is freedom in saying no to the old habits! That is encouraging because my weight loss journey has been slooooow.

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

Thank you for being honest about how hard it is to lose the baby weight, the beating up of yourself but how much you've learned in the weight-loss journey. How you have gained freedom in saying no! That is very encouraging, especially because my weight-loss journey is much slower than I anticipated or like...but I will persevere. Thanks for the encouraging words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...